Saturday, June 16, 2007

So sick


Today I (Jesse) woke up sick again. This time it was sick X4. I could hardly lift my head off of the pillow. (This was odd for me seeing I have not been really sick since I was 10 years old.) I used this day to stay in bed while the others traveled into the men's village. The men's village was in the middle of the bush about 40 kilometers out into the middle of nowhere. They had to stop the Bodas and get off to push them across creeks and up hills. When they got there, they rounded up our students and explained the refrigerator pot concept to them. The students liked the idea and decided that it was a project they were willing to start, so all was well.
I used my day off (when I felt like I could get up) to update all the bunk beds. I cut and made posts out of bamboo and strapped mosquito nets to them, so all the top bunks for all the aid workers in the house all had nets now, which was much needed. Some of the girls had decided the night before, to just drape the nets over their bodies. They were unaware that the nets were chemically treated, and they all woke up with chemical burns on their arms and faces. Ouch!. I also used this time to help some of the other guys in the Krochet Kids organization strap papyrus mats to our chain link fence to create a cool effect for our house. We went to the village and bought some goats for the yard too. We bought two little baby goats we named Falcore and Sue. They are our garbage disposals and lawn mowers now too :)

No comments: