Thursday, June 7, 2007

Getting ready to leave...


Today is the last full day that Jesse and I will have in the village. I am so sad to leave. I just want to scoop all the kids up and bring them back with me. I was completely heart broken yesterday when one of the little boys, Morris, went off on his own and started to cry. He doesn't speak English so I asked his mother, Irene (one of our students), what was wrong and she said that he was crying because he was hungry. I about broke out in tears... I didn't have anything with me to give him and all I could do was watch him cry. Luckily, Jason and Kari had some cookies that they secretly gave him and he ate them so fast. I say secretly too because it is so hard when you don't have enough to give all the hungry children around.

I just pray that the pot and pot refrigeration project takes off and brings money to the village. I wish I could stay and give the kids food and toys everyday, but the reality is that I can't. All we can do is give them love while we're here and hope that this project will better their lives.

- Sarah
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: